Fingerprint Clearance Card / Application Status
All information provided by the Department of Public Safety on this webpage and its other web pages and internet sites, is made available to provide immediate access for the convenience of interested persons. While the Department believes the information to be reliable, human or mechanical error remains a possibility, as does delay in posting or updating of information. Therefore, the Department makes no guarantee as to the accuracy, completeness, timelines or correct sequencing of the information. Neither the Department, nor any of the sources of information, shall be responsible for any errors or omissions, or for the use or results obtained from the user of this information.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO RECENT APPLICANTS
- Due to a printing press error several thousand regular applications (this does not apply to IVP Applications) were recently printed with duplicate application numbers.
- If the Department of Public Safety (DPS) receives an application with a number that is already in our data base for another applicant, in order to enter the new application DPS will drop the leading zero and add an "A" to the end of the number. Example: If the number on the application is 0001234567 the number will be changed to 001234567A.
- If you enter your application number on this page and it brings up another person's information you probably received an application with a duplicate number.
- Try searching again by not entering the first zero and adding an A to the end of the number.
- The approximate range of application numbers is 0002646451 - 0002656450. The revision date noted on the application in the lower right corner could be either 09-2013 or 06-2014.